Tuesday, April 16, 2013

DARK NIGHT.


The woman said goodbye to her husband.
He was going to a faraway land.
In an airplane he will travel,
To seek and reunite
His life of parallel.

The woman waits and time passes
Until another man so gently comes
Hair so white and blinding
Eyes so blue twas frightening.

One day they sit together
He held her hand and say
"A knock will come
bringing a messenger.."
The woman knows of dread and fear.

A knock came so sudden
Her gut twisted and heart was laden
"The plane never made it down"
She fell shattered and broken.

Chaos and loathing and hurt
Her soul and her words curt
She turned to the man beside her
"There is another messenger."

This time he said it will help you
Find the peace that you lost
Find the pieces of your heart so shattered
Put the soul back so battered.

She opened a familiar script
Her heart beating so quick
His words are one and swimming
His words left her heart teeming.

"No matter how many times you ask,
My answer will always be the same.
My heart belongs to you and no one.
I love you and no one else my Love."

This was a nightmare I hoped and prayed,
I scold my eyes and mind to wake
I woke up screaming and sobbing
to my husband's soothing embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment